The Top 6 Benefits of the Butler® Building System
1. Design Flexibility
A Butler Building System offers virtually unlimited flexibility with regard to your building design—from distinctive exterior aesthetic options to functional interior configurations. You can also choose a hybrid solution that combines conventional building materials with the efficiencies of systems construction.
• Rigid frame design facilitates virtually any building size and shape
• Exterior options include stucco, brick, and glass, in addition to Butler’s selection of metal wall panel systems
• Clearspan and longbay structural systems create large areas of uninterrupted space to maximize productivity
• Flexibility to install the weathertight MR-24® roof system, the industry’s finest standing-seam roof system with more than 40 years of proven in-place performance
2. Reduced Construction Time
One of the greatest advantages is the ability to reduce your construction schedule. In fact, using a Butler Building System has been shown to reduce construction times by up to 30% versus conventional building methods.
• All Butler structural steel is precision engineered using state-of-the-art computer modeling to facilitate faster assembly in the field
• J.A. Wagner’s design-build delivery system eliminates third parties to streamline construction and further condense construction schedules
• Regionally located manufacturing plants allow for shorter shipping distances and faster delivery times
3. Expansion Capability
A Butler Building System can meet your needs today as well as your company’s future needs. A Butler Building can easily be expanded in width, length and height by adding additional bays, or new structures to the end walls.
4. Low Maintenance
Steel buildings resist damage from high winds, heavy rains, termites, ants, lightning and mold better than conventional building materials. Plus, steel structures and roofs are easier to maintain than wood-frame and concrete structures.
5. Energy Efficiency
The demand for products and systems that can reduce energy consumption is greater today than ever before. Butler offers a range of energy-efficient roof and wall systems that can achieve a thermal efficiency rating of R-40 or more if required.
All Butler Buildings contain up to 74% recycled steel and all Butler Buildings are also designed to be easily disassembled and reused or recycled.
Steel is the most recycled material on earth, and recycled steel is an essential ingredient used in Butler and BlueScope Steel’s integrated steelmaking processes. The electric arc furnace process used at the North Star BlueScope Steel plant in the United States is more environmentally friendly than basic oxygen furnaces—enabling the use of 75%–100% recycled steel.
FACT: All Butler Buildings contain up to 74% recycled steel and all Butler Buildings are designed to be easily disassembled and reused or recycled.
The MR-24® Roof System
For new construction and reroofing projects
Butler’s MR-24® Roof System is the industry’s first and finest standing-seam metal roof system—with more than 40 years of proven, in-place weathertight performance. This system offers you reliable weathertight performance and unmatched peace of mind in virtually any commercial or industrial building application.
Features & Benefits
• Acts like a monolithic steel surface covering your entire building and providing superior protection
• Specifically designed with movable clips to accommodate roof movement under changing temperatures
• Creates an exclusive 360-degree Pittsburgh double-lock seam, with the final 180 degrees field rolled, for superior performance and protection
• Factory-punched panels and structural members assure proper alignment and accurate installation
• Accommodates additional insulation thicknesses to enhance energy efficiency
• A material-efficient option with compelling sustainability attributes
• Available in several cool colors for added energy savings
• Can save up to 90% on roof maintenance costs